The Manifesto, which was launched at the House of Commons, included 5 commitments on animal welfare;
- To defend and strengthen the Hunting Act, the most successful piece of wild animal welfare legislation in England and Wales – a law that is supported by 80 per cent of the British public.
- To ban the use of snares which are cruel and unnecessary and trap many unintended species.
- To conduct an independent inquiry into the commercial shooting industry to stop cruelty, improve animal welfare and end industry practices that damage our environment and drain the public purse.
- To take tough action to deal with illegal dog fighting and provide the resources our Police, local authorities, education system and communities need to tackle this growing problem.
- To protect racing greyhounds by fully implementing specific and long overdue recommendations for fundamental reform of the dog racing industry.